Have you seen the Netflix Original movie Wine Country? I was drawn to it because it stars a bunch of ex SNL stars like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Maya Rudolph, Ana Gasteyer, and Rachael Dratch. It was the perfect movie for my daughter and I to watch on the airplane during a flight from Portland to Detroit in May. Very funny indeed. So there is a part in the movie where Maya Rudolph starts poking fun at Rachael Dratch (who is a therapist) by creating a song “May I Offer You some Feedback“. It has been stuck in my head ever since. Now every time I hear the word feedback, it is all I can think of.
On to more serious matters though, and that is getting YOUR FEEDBACK regarding my blog and it’s content. I have been writing my blog for almost 2 years now and I really enjoy it. But I had some goals when I started that I have not yet met. Increased readership being one of them.
Last year I added my site to Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram and created a Facebook page to increase my exposure. I would like to thank my great bunch of friends who follow regularly and my fellow bloggers who support the site. I also made a huge effort to create even better content that is fun, engaging and informative. But I really want to take it to the next level in 2020.
Just so we are clear, I do not make any money from my blog because that is not why I am writing it. I am not an Influencer or Sponsored by any companies. What I write about are things that I find helpful or really believe in. When I created my website, I chose a plan that eliminates ads because I think they clutter up the content. That also means that I don’t make any revenue from people clicking on those ads. I do, however, have to pay for the site on WordPress, pay for my domain name, and pay for any posts I promote on social media. So knowing people are reading and enjoying my posts helps me feel better about the costs I incur to maintain the site.
So the blog is just a labor of love for me and a place to share my travel thoughts, ideas and money saving tips. But I put a lot of time and work into creating posts that are only being read by a handful of people. When I put serious thought and effort into a post that falls flat, I get a little disappointed (and I am also confused when a hurry up fluff post gets rave reviews). It would be great to get more Comments, Reposts, Shares and general Interactions for my posts.
So Can I get Your Feedback?
- I would appreciate it if you would let me know what content I post that you really like and/or what content you don’t.
- Are there some topics you would like me to address in the new year?
- Is the information on the Pages found on the menu bar helpful: Blog Posts, Money Saving Links, About Me, Contact
- I try to keep things fun and light while still being informative. Is that working or is there something about the writing style that is somehow offputting?
- Do you find the links included in my posts helpful in discovering additional content on the topic? (Hint: they are always Bold and Teal)
- Are the tips and information I post helpful?
- How do you like the layout?
- Is the Quantity of pictures in my posts ok? (Note: I am not a photographer but have been trying to up my game in that area to provide better quality photos)
- I post 3 days a week Monday/Wednesday/Friday (Saturday Savings tips only on the Facebook Page), is that too much or too little?
- Are the posts too long? Are they boring?
Come at me Bro….. Leave some comments or send me a message
This is your chance to be brutally honest! I really need the Feedback!